FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Simpsons
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu
           Author           Message
ALDP
(Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:28 pm)

Post     The Simpsons

Do you remember when the Simpsons came out? I was a baby when it happened. I think I've basically watched the show for my whole life, but I don't remember what the early years of it were like AT THE TIME.

Chris, you were as old as Bart Simpson when the show came out! Did you think he was cool? Did you tell people not to have a cow?

Ace, you were as old as Lisa Simpson when the show came out. FUCK YOU
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:47 pm)

Post     Re: The Simpsons

I may have been 10 when the Tracy Ullman shorts started, but I was twelve when the series started.

Isn't Bart 10?
Seru
Custom titles are for heroes, like me.
(Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:49 pm)

I remember EPISODE NUMBER ONE (The Christmas special) was a highly anticipated event because it was animated program that aired at eight pee em. Madness! I've been there since day fucking one. Sans Tracey Ullman.
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:50 pm)

It annoys me that I know that the Simpsons premiered January 14th, 1990, but that if I say this, people just think I looked it up, and not because I actually have a distinct, nonburied (on-demand) memory of the promo where Bart announces this during the Christmas special, the VHS taping of which I watched many times up to that premiere.

It also annoys me that it annoys me.
Seru
Custom titles are for heroes, like me.
(Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:57 pm)

Did anybody have the sticker album? I loved that sticker album.

So anyway, one time while camping with my grandparents and cousins some people across from our lot were playing extremely offensive and excessively loud early 90s rap. My grandmother thought the best solution was to drown the fuckers out with our own JAMS and cranked The Simpsons Sing the Blues. And that was our last camping trip together...
Action Hank
Yes, I fart dicks. Dicks actually come out of my anus when I fart.
(Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:59 pm)

Bart should be in his 30s and I am still not certain how Homer had hair and was in a grunge band in the early 90s if he was a father of three, bald, and working on a monorail at around the same time.
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:06 pm)

Whatever, Comic Book Guy!
Last edited by God on Fri Apr 05, 33 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Fagzilla
(Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:11 pm)

At this point, Simpsons chronology is as impossibly self-contradictory as the location of Springfield.

It would be fine if every episode took place in an eternal 1990, or an eternal present, but what fucks everything up is flashbacks and the fact that certain characters are strongly historically contextual.

Homer and Marge can't possibly have gotten together in 1980 anymore. It would have to be 2000 now!

So if you were to do another "flashback to Homer and Marge's first meeting" episode, and in the "present" scenes of that same episode Lisa was shown listening to an iPod while Barack Obama was president, or whatever, you'd have big problems!

And it will only get worse.

It's ironic that one of the most long running shows in history would happen to be one of like a half a dozen shows to ever exist where the characters don't age and where exactly that is a basic stipulation of the show's universe.

I haven't watched the Simpsons in like a decade. How are they handling stuff like this now???
Fagzilla
(Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:14 pm)

I WONDER IF THEY'RE MAKING POSTMODERN, SELF-REFERENTIAL JOKES ABOUT IT.

BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE A TOTALLY NEW KIND OF HUMOR.
Magic Juan
(Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:16 pm)

I think that's the joke, and I think that's why I don't have the problems you have.
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:12 am)

I wish the Simpsons did age.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:09 am)

Has there ever been a cartoon where the characters aged?
Theldorrin
(Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:59 am)

DBZ...
(Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:26 am)

I'm trying to pinpoint exactly when I started to hate The Simpsons, and I think it was around 8th or 9th grade. I remember being very disappointed with the Yvan Eht Niaj episode, but at the same time they were still coming out with episodes I kind of liked, like Tomacco and the one where Barney got sober. I believe I gave up all hope when they had the episode with Frank Grimes's son.
Fagzilla
(Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:49 am)

Grimey had a son???
Roy
(Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:55 am)

I was a baby when it came out, because in the episode where Principal Skinner gets trapped under a pile of papers and is presumed murdered, the dream sequence where undead Principal Skinner goes, "You killed me, Bart!" scared the shit out of me! Same with Itchy & Scratchy episodes.
Mike Dunn
(Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:58 am)

You're such an unbelievable pussy!
Magic Juan
(Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:07 pm)

jain, eh?

Yeah, the Tomacco episode was good.
Theldorrin
(Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:16 pm)

I'm almost as Jain.
(Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:22 pm)

Fuck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: