FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iron Man 2: Electric Bugaloo
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics
           Author           Message
Action Hank
Yes, I fart dicks. Dicks actually come out of my anus when I fart.
(Sun May 09, 2010 8:11 pm)

Post     Iron Man 2: Electric Bugaloo

soilers:

Guys, it is really easy and quick to both build and activate a particle accelerator in your basement/garage. And then use that accelerator to create a magic new element.

Otherwise, this was really good.
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Sun May 09, 2010 8:24 pm)

Post     Re: Iron Man 2: Electric Bugaloo

So not only are you not going to come up with a proper title, you're going to use the fucking ANNOYING EXPRESSION reference that every faggot who has ever talked about movies on the Internet has to UTTER every single time he gets the chance, and misspell it to boot?

Epic fail!
Theldorrin
(Sun May 09, 2010 8:30 pm)

YHBT
(Sun May 09, 2010 8:32 pm)

Iron Man 2 was more of the same, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. The entire Monaco bit was my favorite part of the movie.
Ryoko's Biatch
(Sun May 09, 2010 8:44 pm)

Yeah, I should have made this thread already.

Anyway, I enjoyed this film. They managed to make Whiplash not completely stupid and shitty, but only by combining him with the Crimson Dynamo. It's an accomplishment on par with making Constrictor a credible threat to the Hulk.

The one kind of annoying thing about Iron Man 2 was that they inserted shit to pump up nerds for the Captain America and Avengers movies that didn't add much to the movie. By the way, Captain America's shield looks like shit.
Action Hank
Yes, I fart dicks. Dicks actually come out of my anus when I fart.
(Sun May 09, 2010 8:46 pm)

Chris is one of the easiest people to troll.

Wasn't the shield in the first movie too?
Ryoko's Biatch
(Sun May 09, 2010 8:51 pm)

I don't remember, but probably.

Why did they decide to make Cap's shield look like a bunch of pieces of scrap that some Clotho glued together? It's fucking stupid!
BigJoeMex
(Sun May 09, 2010 9:30 pm)

It's a prototype, TL. Gosh, you'll never get it. *smugly and dismissively waves his hand.*
Nickass
(Mon May 10, 2010 8:07 pm)

I fucking loved the first one, but this one was a bit of a letdown. It was fairly enjoyable and all, but the whole thing felt pretty phoned in and whatever.

One of the things that made the first one awesome was the sense of believability it had, not just in the technical matters, but in character motivation and development. Of course, there's a substantial amount of suspension of disbelief that needs to occur, but the first movie made the basic story of Iron Man about as believable as is possible, I think. The way that the origin story was injected into the Middle East conflict grounded it into a reality that is relevant to what's going on in the world today, for example. The way Tony Stark acts before and after his experience in Afghanistan make sense, and is given the appropriate dramatic weight by Robert Downey Jr. Likewise, the supporting characters seemed comfortable and effortless in their roles, and contributed to the seriousness and fun of the story.

The second one abandons most of what worked in the first. It's basically just a bunch of shit happening with no real weight or consequences. The plotline about Stark's power source slowly killing him is good and provides another layer of requisite tragedy, but it's not really dealt with in a meaningful or emotionally poignant fashion. RDJ just doesn't dig deep enough to really project the fact that he knows he's dying. In fact, by the end of the movie it seems effectively cured by various magical means: SHIELD already has a formula that can beat back the symptoms and oh by the way here's another element that Tony creates in his basement courtesy of his dead dad! Seriously?

Likewise, there's no dramatic weight when he has that brawl with Rhodes, who just fucking leaves with his suit and hands it over to the military. I mean, the movie opens with him fiercely defending his rights to keep his technology from the government/military, and yet he just seems pretty nonchalant about this plot point. That whole party scene with him drunk with the suit on is a total rock bottom moment for Stark that could have been exploited for some depth and humanity, but the next morning he's just chilling in a big donut hole. Cue laughter.

And there were too many characters. Black Widow shouldn't have been in this movie. You'd think that with the whole switching of actors for Rhodes' character, they'd devote a little more screen time to Don Cheadle to anchor him to the movie more, but he's mostly relegated to the background. Same thing with Paltrow; I don't think there's a single line she has where she isn't being whiny and stressed out. Samuel L. Jackson pretty much plays himself, as always, and I guess it's fine. Whatever. I did kind of enjoy the Walt Disney-esque scenes of Stark's dad, although the plot device of him speaking to his son through the recording was a bit hackneyed. Does it really make sense for him to leave such a personal and secret message in what is basically a corporate promotional video?

Whiplash (whose villain name isn't mentioned once, I don't think) is okay, but pretty much disappears after the racetrack scene, only to reappear in a brief and thoughtless final battle. Sam Rockwell plays his part well, but doesn't really hold a candle to Jeff Bridges when it comes to scariness or threat level. There's not much bite to his character, and he just comes across as a nervous and ineffective corporate villain. At least he didn't hop into a suit and try to physically fight or anything. The dozens of Iron Men drones were stupid. They lacked personality or interest, and weren't really threatening at all. Iron Man literally takes each one out with a single blast, which made me wonder why he bothered to let them all chase him around for 15 minutes while they wreaked widespread property damage and at least a few innocent lives.

All the Avengers stuff they shoehorned in was absolutely god awful. I officially do not want that movie to ever happen now. I wanted to swallow my own anus when they showed Thor's hammer.
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Mon May 10, 2010 8:14 pm)

A spoiler-free review of Iron Man 2 from nickass!

Features and Highlights: the phrase "I wanted to swallow my own anus."
Nickass
(Mon May 10, 2010 8:14 pm)

soilers
Ryoko's Biatch
(Mon May 10, 2010 11:04 pm)

Oh, I didn't realize Nickass was gay. Do you want me to put in a good word for you with Derek?
Nickass
(Mon May 10, 2010 11:32 pm)

Hmm!
Theldorrin
(Mon May 10, 2010 11:45 pm)

Oh, well if Mjolnir is in this, then maybe I will see it.
(Mon May 10, 2010 11:47 pm)

I need a mystical Uru metal hammer.
(Mon May 10, 2010 11:49 pm)

It's in the movie for 2 seconds at the very end, after the credits.
Theldorrin
(Tue May 11, 2010 12:04 am)

So I should go see the movie after Iron Man 2.
(Tue May 11, 2010 12:13 am)

Nah, just watch Iron Man 2, it'll build character.
Fagzilla
(Tue May 11, 2010 11:49 am)

FUCKING SPOILERS COCKSUCKER.
SuperPsaturn
SuperPSaturn
(Tue May 11, 2010 8:51 pm)

I basically don't even need to see the movie thanks to Nickass's review. If a movie is good and worth seeing it doesn't change because of spoilers (though that makes it worse.) and when a movie is bad then hell might as well spoil that shit!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: