FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Simpsons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu
           Author           Message
Seru
Custom titles are for heroes, like me.
(Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:54 am)

Post     Re: The Simpsons

They had an entire fucking magic room that allowed characters to time skip even in the midst of a god damn arc! FUUUUUUUU
Rice
(Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:02 am)

I wasn't sure if that counted, cause you see them in the room every now and then!!!

bulma changes her hair a lot
Rice
(Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:02 am)

Wait, okay, I'm retarded.
Rice
(Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:05 am)

As far as Internet meme-y things go, I'm pretty fond of the rageguy.
Theldorrin
(Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:59 pm)

The voice actors in Hikaru no Go also change their voices as their characters age.
(Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:25 am)

Theldorrin, me and my wife are vegetarians and are now transitioning to ova-vegetarians, so I like to think that I am close to a Jain too. I decided that if for some reason I feel I can't be an atheist anymore, I'd become a Jain. Maybe one day I will adopt a full Jain diet though.

(Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:45 am)

I'll never understand why only indian males achiieve enlightnment; even though Tibetan society is basically this giant englightenment camp
ALDP
(Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:35 am)

I can't remember if I've talked about this somewhere else. Have you ever seen somebody make a reference to a CLICHE which presumably really did exist, but the person is clearly using a Simpsons reference without citing it? Yesterday in my philosophy class, the professor (who said he is under 30) made a reference to "every cop movie where the one cop gets shot right before he was supposed to retire and go out on his boat." Regardless of how often cop movies involve a guy getting shot just before retirement, he was OBVIOUSLY talking about the McBane clip where he's eating at a diner with his black partner and the partner gets lit up ridiculously with a machine gun and McBane goes "MENDOZAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" In fact, I don't even know what the Simpsons was referencing with that, since the McBane scene in question was obviously a hodgepodge of Arnold Schwarzenegger movies, Lethal Weapon, and I guess something else where the partner gets shot just before retiring. The class laughed, and I couldn't tell if they all knew the Simpsons reference, or the cop movie reference, or if they just sensed that it was one of those times for the class to laugh.

I also feel like I have a personal relationship with 80s observational comedy and with ad campaigns that predate my existence by over two decades. I know I've made references to them before.

Discuss.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: