FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flying carpets, camels, and terrorism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129 ... 132, 133, 134  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics
           Author           Message
kakarot52
(Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:19 pm)

Post     Re: Flying carpets, camels, and terrorism

As for imposing the norths laws on the south, well, that's not quite what was going on. Sure, the north could issue pardons and come down on black markets (it was illegal to import slaves directly from Africa after 1808, thus a black market was created), but the north couldn't simply pass a law outlawing slavery. It would be fillibustered by any amount of politicos.

Moreover, a case could be made that the south was doing the same thing with the fugitive slave act; northern feds had to return all escaped slaves to the south. The south would occasionally even use bounty hunters for the task.

That's one reason the so-called "underground railroad" for escaping slaves went all the way to Canada; not just the north.
(Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:22 am)

What the fuck are bitcoins? I've been hearing them for a few weeks now, and I look at wikipedia and its some sort of P2P currency??
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:05 am)

Yeah, seriously.

WTF is that shit??

I'm sure it would take 10 seconds to look it up and be comprehensively informed, but it's one of those "meh" things where I don't really care quite enough to take the time. That's the way Gangnam Style was for me, for a long time.

It's a relief to know that somebody else doesnn't know what this is!

I was afraid of revealing that I'd never heard of it before, and looking old and out of touch. Embarassed
Ryoko's Biatch
(Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:45 am)

I'm not sure what the point of Bitcoins is besides making the guy who invented them rich.
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:06 am)

The internet now seems exclusively for old people and young people, people like us that are in the middle have been completely shoved off.

Do you guys use messaging apps on your phones like WhatsApp, WeChat, LINE, Tango, etc, etc? The people who seem to use it a lot are people that are much younger than me or my parents.
Ryoko's Biatch
(Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:41 pm)

I've only ever heard of Tango out of the ones you listed and I don't use that shit.

Also, fuck everyone who isn't in my age range.
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:52 am)

WeChat has a feature where you can find WeChat girls in the area around your house, with the distance mentioned. If I had technology like that 10 years ago, I'd have so much pussy.
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:18 pm)

Whether gay or straight, fucking is much, much easier for men now.
kakarot52
(Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:59 pm)

Says you!

Also, http://www.wechat.com/en/

Last edited by kakarot52 on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
MADali
(Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:24 am)

I just finished the book, "Lonesome Dove" and it was incredible.
Fagzilla
(Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:18 pm)

Grow up.
MADali
(Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:08 am)

Reading Lonesome Dove made me think of how older Iranians have a huge fasination with American cowboy films. As far as I remember, the governmental public TV channels would dub old American western films, and even today, sometimes when I flip through the channels, I can see shitty cowboy films from several decades ago.
Clotho
Clotho's rational faculties are not estimated to be at optimal capacity for a sapient specimen
(Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:53 am)

Most people I know of that use bitcoins buy illegal things with them
Fagzilla
(Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:47 pm)

Well yeah.

Why bother otherwise?
MADali
(Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:00 am)

The whole Bitcoin thing is some sort of pyrammid scheme.

Bitcoins were "mined" since being released in 2009 with no real use and the exchange rate set at 1 usd didn't change much until July 2011. By then around 6,000,000 bitcoins were "mined". Today the coins in circulation are 11 million, meaning 54% of all coins in ciruclation now were pretty much mined back when nothing was really happening.

But lets not really focus on the 54% yet and move one step forward. July 2011 isn't the date we should look at because there wasn't much happening at that date either, with Jan 2013 where prices really started to go up and I'm guessing Bitcoin being relevant somewhat. By then 10 million had been mined.

So if we look at July 11 date, 54% of the current circulation were mined, if we look at Jan 2013, 90% were mined.

If we look at the first number, this shows, at the current price, the initial team behind the idea, have around 6 million made-up coins at least, with 110 dollars each, thats 660 million dollars!!

Since the idea kicked off in 2013, only 10% has been added to the market.

Some guy or guys made this protocol in 2009, made up millions of Bitcoins, and now these coins are being bought and sold for usd 110 each. Its the biggest ponzi scheme in our time and I'm almost angered by some tech blogs that are actually applauding this.
kakarot52
(Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:51 pm)

ACtually, Persia was a shitty little country that was never remotely a match for Greek armies.

Your civilization was permanantly ruined when the mongols tore up your desert irrigations so you couldn't rebuild.

Persians were basically the Bache Soosols of their day
(Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:19 am)

Which of you book nerds have a Goodreads account?

One part of Goodreads I enjoy is the sponsored books. Its incredible the shitty books people write. There is always complaint about how everything is mainstream and artists like Ace Kendo don't get a fair chance, and it makes me glad we have evil corporations to destroy shitty indie stuf, because otherwise, life would have been much more terrible than it is now.
MADali
(Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:30 am)

Maintaining hobby websites is such a hassle nowadays. Every 2-3 months, my sites are comprised, and lots of malicious code inserted everywhere, and I have to clean them up.
My Head Hurts 90
(Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:40 am)

I'm on goodreads.

I get shamed into trying to read 100 books a year from some of the uber monsters on that site that post 435 reviews every six months, but 75 seems to be my natural limit. At least my average review score is below 3.
MADali
(Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:31 am)

I think I generally read more than anyone around me, but I guess thats the thing about the internet, realizing how insignificient when compared to others.\

I just looked at my stat, and it seems I have read 43 books this year. I thought I was reading a lot, but man....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129 ... 132, 133, 134  Next
Page 128 of 134

Jump to: